Special Call for Poster Abstracts
The goal of this conference is to engage health care providers and students from a variety of disciplines in professional knowledge transfer and discussion, in order to improve the health and wellbeing across the life span for persons with a developmental disability. The conference planning group invites abstract submissions for poster presentations. Submissions from students are strongly encouraged.
Abstracts should demonstrate how the presentation addresses the following topic(s):
- Effective practices to help improve the health and wellbeing across the life span for persons with a developmental disability,
- How interprofessional collaboration can improve the delivery of health care across the life span for persons with a developmental disability,
- Innovative and emerging practices and outcomes in the assessment and treatment of complex needs across the life span for persons with a developmental disability,
- The role of community health care in providing appropriate health care across the life span for persons with a developmental disability.
Please go to https://events.cepdtoronto.ca/startup/signin to start the abstract submission process. Note that names, title, and abstract should be provided as it should appear on the website and in the program, including the order of the presenters’ names.
Information to be provided includes:
- Contact Person: This will be the person submitting the abstract; contact information will be collected as part of logging into the online abstract submission system
- Title: Give the full title of the poster
- Presenters/Authors: List the name(s) of the presenter(s)/author(s), including the main institution they are affiliated with; note these will be the names that will be displayed on the conference website and in the conference program guide
- Topic Area: Indicate which one topic area the poster best aims to address
- Abstract: Summary of the content (maximum 100 words); note this will be the content that will be displayed on the conference website and in the conference program guide
- Detailed Description: Provide a more detailed description of the poster you are submitting (maximum 500 words).
All submissions will be evaluated based on:
- relevance to conference topics
- demonstration of evidence-based, innovative and emerging approaches to care
- clarity and completeness of submission.
- Call for abstracts closes: Monday, September 23rd, 2013
- Notification of results: Friday, September 30th, 2013
- Presenter response: Monday, October 7th, 2013
- Presenters must register and pay for the conference on their own if they wish to attend; honoraria and/or reimbursements are not available.
- Students who submit a poster – the first day you attend will be 50% off registration for that day.
- Tuesday, November 12th: Dedicated poster session is from 4:15 – 6:00 pm. Please be at your poster during this time.
- Wednesday, November 13th: 10:00 – 10:30 am